Thursday, December 22, 2005

Most Eligible Bachelor in the County

Today, I had the privilege to spend a little over an hour with the Most Eligible Bachelor in the County.

It was actually one hour and seventeen minutes.

He's an attorney.

He's very attractive.

He's an in-shape, 5'8", early thirty-something.

Dark hair and eyes.

Wears glasses.

Drives a truck.

He has a personality.

And he's fucking smart.

All of the women I work with think he's attractive. Including the lesbian.

One of the women I work with, she works with him pretty closely because she's the Contract Queen for my department. He's the attorney for the Entity we work for that reviews all the contracts.

The Contract Queen is smitten with the Most Eligible Bachelor in the County. He pops in to see her to talk about the contract of the moment.

The other day, she emailed him and said something to the effect of "maybe we can chat outside the office someday, like when there aren't 15 people pulling you in 15 directions."

When she told me this, I said, "Dude, you asked him out."

She said, "No, I didn't. I let him know that if he wants to ask me out, I'm available."

The Contract Queen is pretty smart. Much smarter than she gives her self credit for.

The Most Eligible Bachelor in the County has not yet emailed her back. He's very by the book. He has to be. His career and the Entity depend on it.

Before I met with the Most Eligible Bachelor in the County, I told the Contract Queen that I was going to say things to him like, "So, did you get the Contract Queen's email? Are you going to ask her out? Cause she really wants to blow you."

When I returned to our office after meeting with him, I told her I did it. She didn't believe me.

In actuality, when I was sitting in his office with the door closed, I wanted a disco ball to drop from the ceiling and do a pole dance on his desk.

But I didn't. I like my job. It keeps a roof over my head.

I'll come home and take my sexual frustrations out on Zel. He's aware that I'm attracted to the Most Eligible Bachelor in the County. He doesn't mind getting blown. And I earn some Wife Points.

I'll let the Contract Queen keep pursuing the Most Eligible Bachelor in the County. They're good for each other.

3 comments:

t2ed said...

I can't get Coward of the County out of my head now. Maybe Kenny will do a song about Bachelor of the County. But he'll definitely be working in some Roasters Chicken references.

Unknown said...

Dammit. Every time I think about Kenny I get the Gambler in my head. Thanks t2ed... thanks alot ;)

Amelia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.