Monday, December 19, 2005

Geisha Camp

I read that Ziyi Zhang, who plays Sayuri in "Memoirs of a Geisha" had intensive training on how to effectively play a geisha. She said that before shooting the film, she spent six weeks on how to walk, bow, pour tea, perfect subtle gestures, and how to dance in 12 inch platform shoes.

Although she could've taken her 12-inch-platform-shoe-dance-lessons from Gene Simmons, Ziyi Zhang actually took lessons in a different manner.

I mentioned to Zel that in order to prepare for her roll, this beautiful actress spent time at Geisha Camp.

Zel said, "I wonder if they're taking applications. Do you think they'd take you?"

"Perhaps", I said. "But I'm concerned about my age."

After all, the Jedi Masters felt Luke and Anakin were too old to start training.

Zel said, "I have many reservations about your age! However, regarding Geisha Camp, it's never too late to learn."

I agree. About learning new things. Not about my age.

And, the longer the stress at work goes on, the more seriously I consider applying to Geisha Camp.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Six weeks learning how to be a Geisha? That sounds like a smokin deal. Is there such a thing as a man-Geisha? A Meisha? That might be a pretty low-stress gig for me. Unless its a Gaysha... in which case I might not be so interested.

As an aside... that Ziyi Zhang is, borrowing your term, hott.

Amelia said...

Luis, what's a Gaysha? I'm a confused girl on that one.

Amelia said...

I knew I could count on you, Evie. Maybe we can even be Hollaback Geishas.

t2ed said...

Watch your feet. They're binders, ya know.

Amelia said...

Shit! I forgot about foot binding. Think there's any way out of that? I'm willing to be bound, but I'm not into foot binding!