Monday, August 28, 2006

Let’s Get the Show on the Road

Baby Kaos is late. He was due yesterday.

While I’ve not had the feeling that some of my girlfriends have had, where they felt like they were going to be pregnant forever, it is getting harder to be pregnant.

For example it is becoming a lot of work to drag my ass out of bed three or four times in the night to go pee. Lifting up the extra 25 pounds is hard work. And, if I wait too long in between pees, then it physically hurts to walk to the bathroom.

My friend the Epidemiologist is pregnant with twins. She’s convinced she’ll be on bed rest for the last trimester and she said that she’s going to have a scheduled c-section.

I’m not keen on having a c-section because that means they have to stick a needle in your spine to numb you from the chest down.

Melanie once told me, “Don’t ever let anyone stick anything in your fucking spine.” I’m planning on heeding that advice.

More than anything, I’d like Baby Kaos to get the show on the road because I’m tired of the raging hormones. Let me just say that crying at the drop of a hat sucks. I’m very fortunate that Zel is a very patient man.

Yes, I recognize that there's the possibility of post-partum depression. I've spoken with my doc about it and he said he'll keep an eye on me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's right about that spine shit. Unless you want an epidural, I am totally behind that. Dude, I had that dream about baby Kaos being born the day he was due. I think that's because I'm psychic you guys. Only just not a very accurate one.

Amelia said...

They don't do epidurals at our hospital because we don't have an on-call anesthesiologist. They do an intrathecal, which is still a shot in your spine, but the medication isn't on a catheter like it is with an epidural. Regardless, a shot in your spine is still a shot in your spine.

Zel said psychic is only two letters off from psycho. And he said he loves you, you guys!