Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Comment of the Day, August 29, 2006

Baby Kaos was due on August 27. We’re down to the last couple of minutes. Or, it could be we’re down to the last week or so. Depends on when the Star of the Show decides to arrive.

My Bulging Baby Belly isn’t huge. But, in my opinion, I’m big enough. It’s not like Zel and I are huge people.

On three separate occasions within the past week, three different women asked me when I was due, and I politely told them.

Then, they each said, “You’re not very big for being due in less than a week/past due.”

I’m not sure if they meant it as a compliment, or as an insult.

I’ve gained about 25 pounds, which is within the norm. Throughout my pregnancy, I’ve walked and practiced yoga several times each week (that’s why I can still put on my socks and shave, thank you very much).

Research shows that if pregnant women exercise, labor and delivery will be easier. I’ve taken pretty good care of myself. I’ve eaten pretty well.

Except between weeks 7 and 17 when I was puking and eating whatever sounded good, including fruity chewy candy and fried zucchini (not at the same time).

So, I’m just not sure how to take what they said.

I think they each picked up on the fact that I was a bit baffled by their comment. So, they quickly said, “You look great!”

Sometimes, you have to punt.

2 comments:

Bayne said...

Ok, so Baby Kaos can't tell time and is late. Precious things are worth waiting for.

Good luck with the birth!

- B.

Amelia said...

I like to think of him as being fashionably late! ;-)

Thanks for the luck! I appreciate the positive thougths!