Monday, July 31, 2006

Comment of the Day, July 31, 2006

Zel and I are at his work, and I’m heading down the hall to go use the ladies’ room and I see someone I know. We don’t know each other well, but we say hi to each other when we see each other. She’s one of the secretaries.

Be nice to the secretaries and janitors; they have hard jobs. And, they hear EVERYTHING, so they can fill you in on information when you need it.

I had the main door to the ladies’ room open.

She said, “You still haven’t had that baby yet?”

“Nope; about another month or so,” I said.

My friends who have been pregnant said they’d get comments like this towards the end of their pregnancies, too.

This was the first time anyone had said anything like this to me.

She started to say something else, but I said, “I don’t mean to be rude, but I really need to use the ladies’ room.”

I’m learning to be assertive about my bladder.

Besides, I didn’t want to hear about how she knew someone who delivered their uterus.

No comments: