Monday, June 19, 2006

Comment of the Day June 19, 2006

Since I'm starting to make this a regular thing, I thought I'd better put a date up there in the title.

I was headed in to the office this morning and bumped into the caterer we work with. She talks incessantly. Diarrhea of the mouth, if you will.

And she said, “When’s that baby due?”

“End of August,” I said.

I was being polite, but I kept walking a bit. I was thinking, “I can always say I have a meeting.” What did people do before the spontaneous meeting was invented? What do people who don’t have meetings do to get out of conversations? Do they say, “Well, I’ve gotta go plumb”?

She said, “Well, you’re bigger than the last time I saw you. Pretty soon you won’t be able to drive.”

“Well,” I said, “I guess I’ll cross that bridge if I come to it.”

Funny, really, since just last week I was told I wasn’t big enough.

No comments: