Thursday, January 12, 2006

Crossword Puzzle

Each night, I work on the crossword puzzle in the paper.

Zel does the Sudoku. He usually completes these within about 3:14. He says my feeble mind can't handle the power of Sudoku.

Please. I don't have to stand there trying to figure out which is the better deal for panties: 2 for $10 or 3 for $15. I know the hottest deal is down at Victoria's Secret: 1 for $15. But, that's for women who are trying to impress someone and in that situation, you aren't frugal, yo. When you're not so old and married, you do the 2 for $10 deal.

So, I do the crossword. I do the best I can do.

I don't make a habit of jumping on the web to look up definitions of words I don't know in order to help me complete the crossword. That's cheating.

Then, when I've completed what I can, Zel takes a crack at it. Says he needs to check my work. To fix whatever's wrong.

Please. I'm a smart cookie.

I know a four letter word for Flight School Final is "solo".

I know that a seven letter word for Shirt Parts is "sleeves".

I know a five letter word for Lubricated is "lubed".

I know that a five letter word for Protein Acid is "semen".

Duh. Everyone knows that!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

It's me, Amelia. Your crossword working pal whose favorite all time clue is "Four letter word for 'snatch'".
I read this post through bloglines then I clicked on the name of the blog and it opened in a new window. Did both hits get counted?

Four letter word for "checking the blog stat counter too many times"?

Amelia said...

Lee, your hits count! Isn't that totally exciting? I'm excited. But, as you know, I excite easily. Or maybe it's Tee that knows that.

Amelia said...

Evie, I think you should run around in just your delicate panties and that way you don't have to worry about getting caught with your pants down.