Thursday, September 15, 2005

Stability Ball Class

I just finished my first week of Stability Ball Class. We meet twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Its a brand new class for beginners.

See, I just joined one of the three local gyms in my community. The first gym was a little scary...not very clean. I'm not paying for not clean. The second gym is used mostly by the baby boomers. Its not really a gym. It is actually the largest fitness franchise in the world, for women only, but its just machines. I need classes. I also need to see people my own age.

So, gym number three has classes and treadmills and eliptical trainers and they have a deal right now where you can join the gym for two months for only $20, with full membership privilidges. They challenge you to loose 10 pounds in 8 weeks, which is 1.25 pounds/week, and if you loose the weight, and you want to join the gym as a member, you can and they wave your registration fee, which is like $50. The way I see it, they're paying me $50 to loose 10 pounds.

Zel is all for this, by the way. He feels that not only will his wife look even hotter, he'll save $50. Furthermore, if someday we have kids, I'd hate to see this....

We sit on the ball, and lift weights. In a sitting position, we do curls and overhead presses. Then we lean forward, with flat backs, and do tricep work.

We roll onto our lower backs, and do sit-ups. Lifting our bodies forwards and then to each side.

We use the ball to make a bench with our bodies and lift weights. We did flyes and then we kept the right arm going while holding our left arms up. Then we switched sides. All the while, balancing on the ball. I'm not kidding.

We also did hamstring extensions and hamstring rolls. Why this dude is in a decent shirt, slacks, belt, and saddle shoes, I can't tell you. I'm not sure why he's dressed like this, other than his agent didn't tell him what to wear to the photo shoot. Maybe he's an intern. Maybe he just finished a round of golf.

We also did this inner thigh work, which was a mega-ass-kicker. We also dropped the ball into our own hands and then threw it back up and caught it with our legs. So, we really worked our inner thighs.

We also did a little yoga. But not quite like this! Look at those legs! Sweet Jesus! And that ass! You could bounce a quarter off that ass!!! Maybe someday....

I got my ass kicked. But I enjoyed it. I guess that makes me a bit of a masochist. Apparently there 35 masochists in class on Tuesday. The instructor said that for future classes, we were required to sign up. So, today there were 25 of us masochists in Stability Ball Class.

I was so sore on Tuesday night, that I woke up in the middle of the night and took two Tylenol. I got spanked. Rght now, Tylenol PM is calling my name.

I'm very much looking forward to next week.

3 comments:

Amelia said...

Did you see the masochist? That was hott! I want to be her.

Seriouslah, I need to loose at least 10 pounds. I'd like to loose 20. According to a women's height-weight chart (http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm), a small-framed woman who is 5'2", should be between 108 and 121 pounds. I'm 15 pounds over that limit.

According to a Body Mass Index (BMI) calculation (http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/bmi/calc-bmi.htm), I'm at 24.9, which is at the high end of normal. However, my husband the mathematician says, "well, if you round 24.9, you get 25. So, you're a 25."

The bottom line is, as much as I love the rolly belly, its a little too rolly, so I'm working on making it not so rolly. And, realistically, I've always had a little pooch, so its not the end of the world if that doesn't go away.

And, I can't pass up the deal the gym is offering. Plus, there are hott babes.

Amelia said...

The other reason I need to loose weight is because the 3 pairs of Dockers that I usually wear to work are 2 sizes too small. That's not good for the self esteem.

By the way, the masochist pic is now our wallpaper.

Amelia said...

Thanks! Hopefully soon I won't have to hear Zel call me "three tits"!