Friday, August 03, 2007

Daily Special

Yesterday at my favorite coffee shop, the daily special was a Daisy Chain.

I can’t make this up.

I did my civic duty, and told the owner that she may want to change the name of the daily special.

“Why?” she asked.

“Well, I’m concerned that your baristas may be projecting the wrong image with the name Daisy Chain,” I said.

“Well, what’s a Daisy Chain?” she asked.

“It’s not a hazelnut and vanilla latte. Nor is it a chain of daisies,” I said.

She was very concerned. It’s not that she’s young and naïve; she has four grown kids, one of which plays professional women’s basketball. But she truly had no idea.

So, I explained that it’s a little like this:


Although the baristas are hot, I did not offer to demonstrate a daisy chain.

She was a bit surprised at the definition of Daisy Chain. She said that when the baristas came up with the name for the daily special, they had no idea that it meant that.

I said, “As far as you know, they don’t know, but they’re savvy college girls, and they may know.” I did not say, “They may have even participated in one.”

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Must... keep... fool... self... out... of... trubble...

Were I in your shoes, I probably would've ordered one and hoped for the best :)

Anonymous said...

hahahaha!

Anonymous said...

Ok seriouslah, those bitches are a bunch of fakers. Not a one of those tongues is connecting to a clit. They don't want to lick, they want all the drunk frat boys to think they are edgy. I hate poser lesbians. But for the purposes of this post, I think that is the best picture to demonstrate. Like I am the head bitch of the lesbian academy or soemthing.