Saturday, March 18, 2006

Home School Band

In My Little Town, home schooling is a very popular thing.

Recently in our local paper, there was a story about the Home School Band. They’re raising money to go to play in a competition in Southern California. They’re going to check out Disneyland while they’re there. Smart kids, taking a mental health break.

Today, I was out running some errands, and the Home School Band was having a fund raiser. They were selling plants.

The School District Bands raise money through car washes. Even on rainy days in the winter, the School District Bands are out there washing cars raising money.

I was a member of my High School Orchestra, and was frequently subjected to men old enough to be my father checking out my high school ass when I was washing cars. However, growing up in the southwest, we didn’t have to do car washes in the rain. We didn’t really understand the concept of rain.

But PLANTS!!! Can you believe that? I think it’s great! Good for the Home School Band. I hope they have a fabulous time in California.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is brilliant. Leave it to the home school kids.

Unknown said...

That reminds me... I have to get my truck washed ;)

t2ed said...

Are home school kids forced to beat themselves up due to the lack of peers?

On another note, I love to rebuff charity seekers with the phrase, "I give all my money to orphans and cheerleader car washes."