Monday, August 29, 2005

apples and oranges

So, this "Countdown to Armageddon" made me think of a couple of things:

1. "Armageddon It" by Def Leppard
2. Is it really the end of the world as we know it? Do I feel fine?

R.E.M. asks a much better question. But who's the better band? Given that Michael Stipe didn't write down early lyrics, and made the songs up each time they were sung, I give R.E.M. points for creativity. But, Leppard had Mutt Lang produce Pyromania...and Mutt's married to Shania Twain, and given that she's sorta-kinda hot (note: no second t, so she's not hott), Def Leppard gets points.

Really, though, comparing these two bands is like comparing apples and oranges.

3 comments:

Amelia said...

You're as fine as silk on a new born baby's ass!

Amelia said...

I'm glad I can assist you in your education. I'm also happy to help pour some sugar on you.

Randy Anderson said...

If you two are pouring sugar on each other then I want to be KISS and Lick It Up!