Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Force

I’ve been trying to use The Force for the past several weeks.

Baby Kaos is four weeks old, and he’s a big eater. When he’s nursing, which is a lot of the time, I sit down and remember that I could use my drink of ice water, but I forgot it over on the table. So, I try to use The Force to levitate my drink of ice water over to me, but I haven’t been doing so well.

You’d think I’d just bring my drink of ice water over to the chair where I’m feeding Baby Kaos, but when you have a hungry and fussy infant in your arms, and every fiber of your being wants to sit down and give him some boob, you can’t help but forget your drink of ice water.

I’ve also been trying to use The Force to get us a blanket when Baby Kaos is eating. I thought perhaps the blanket and drink of ice water were too bulky. So, I tried to get smaller items, like cloth diapers, which I use to dry off my nipple and Baby Kaos’ mouth, over to me. No luck.

I’m not trying to lift an X-Wing Fighter out of the swamp. However, I know that size matters not, and I should be able to levitate the blanket, the cloth diaper, and the drink of ice water with the same amount of ease.

I’ll continue to practice using The Force. If anything exciting happens, I’ll let you know.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could use a utility belt instead? Maybe it would be easier. Instead of being a Jedi, you could become a superhero... MegaMom or something. :)

Anonymous said...

There is no "try" to using the force.

Do or do not. Jedi do not try. They do.

Amelia said...

Luis, I'm opting for the super hero thing. I'd wear a water-proof, self-cleaning cape that I can use as a blanket and a diaper.

t2ed, I will do; I will not try; I will do.

Amelia said...

PS, t2ed, I LOVE the Lego Jedi! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I like how the lightsaber is bigger than he is.

Josh Ramsey said...

Congrats on Baby Kaos! I forgot you had something cooking in the baby chamber. Sorry to be away for many daze. Did you hear me on NPR? Here's the addy:

http://kcrw.com/cgi-bin/WinMediaWrap.cgi?/tb/tb060501Pellicano_Wiretappin

ya gots to cut&paste it in the URL, sorry.