Saturday, February 03, 2007

Torn Between Two Lovers, Yet Again

I’m torn between two lovers, yet again.

Colts or Bears? Bears or Colts?

Last year, my decision was between the Seahawks and the Steelers. Because I live in the Pacific Northwest, I rooted for the Seahawks. But, I’ve been a Cowher fan for quite some time, so I wasn’t upset when the Steelers won (except for that bullshit TD by Roethlisberger; and the fact that Heins Ward was voted MVP because there wasn’t anyone else to pick, and he shouldn’t have been the MVP, but I digress).

I’ve been a Chicago Bears fan since they won the Super Bowl in 1985. I was young and easily influenced by Jim McMahon and his sunglasses, The Fridge, Walter Payton…and the Super Bowl Shuffle. Sweet Jesus.

But, I really like the Colts. I like Peyton Manning, even though he’s an ad-slut and promotes about 9 different products. And I like Tony Dungy, I think he’s a good coach. I'd hate to see Peyton go into the Hall of Fame Marino-Style.

I haven’t watched any of the crap leading up to the game, and I’m not even sure who the favorite is.

All I know is I’m torn between two lovers, yet again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hear ya, sister.

I've always liked the Bears... not so much that I'd call myself a fan, but I don't have anything against them and I'll cheer for them if their not playing one of "my teams".

While I cheer for the Colts, I'm not so much a Colts fan as I am a Manning fan. I've dug the way that guy plays since his college days. I also like Dungy a good deal.

Ultimately, I'm rooting for the Colts. But I feel your pain.