Saturday, January 20, 2007

Comment of the Day, January 20, 2007

At the grocery store this morning, we had a brief conversation with the guy who works there, who’s kinda nice, but I wouldn’t let him baby sit Baby Kaos because I get a weird vibe from him. I don’t think he’s a child molester, but he’s a bit odd.

Here’s the jest of the conversation:

Him: “Wow! He’s really big! What does he weigh?”

Me: “Yeah! We went to the doc last week for the four-month check-up and Baby Kaos weighed over 18 pounds and was 26.5 inches long.”

Him: “Wow! He’s a big kid! Just wait until he’s a teenager!”

Zel: “Yeah, I’m sure we’ll be here twice a week for turkey.”

Him: “Who’s his doctor?”

Now, what the goddamn kind of question is that?

The grocery store guy has teenagers, so it’s not like I’m having a conversation with another mom in my yoga class about who Baby Kaos’ doc is and we’re comparing notes.

Yes, I revealed too much information about going to the doc last week, so I’m taking that one on the chin.

But, what the goddamn kind of question is that?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is kind of creepy... "So, whose office should I be waiting outside of next month?"

Amelia said...

I know! I'm a bit creeped out by it. However, he's not the best converstaionalist, and I think that's how he wanted to keep the conversation going. Perhaps I'm being too kind...?

Unknown said...

I dunno dude... I tend to be leery of men these days. Hell, I don't even trust myself ;)