Saturday, January 10, 2009

The World is Coming to an End

Not in 2012 the way the Mayans predicted.

I'm not kidding.

Did you see the score of the Cardinals/Panthers game?

I mean the CARDINALS are going to the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

If they beat either the Eagles or the Giants next week, let's all look for large comets, or pay closer attention to the earthquakes happening in Yellowstone.

Of course, Jesus could be coming, too. But I'll leave that one for The Big Clown to ponder.

*********************************************************
Update 1/11/09
Philly is going to the Desert--Go Cards!

No, I'm not pulling for the end of the world, I'm just pulling for a team who hasn't made it this far before. And, I grew up in Arizona.

And, be proud of me, I didn't say something stupid like, "It's gonna be a bird fight in the Desert!" I'll leave that shit to the professional talking heads!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

One of the axioms that I've built my life around is "the Cardinals suck". Even now, when enthusiasm has swept Az, I still stand with folded arms and shaking head, knowing deep in my heart that the Cardinals suck.

If they make it to the Superbowl, the world may not physically come to an end, but that little boy in me that knows the Cardinals suck will certainly get a black eye.

PS: The Cardinals suck.

Amelia said...

Luis, you're so negative! ;-) Isn't there some AZ state law that if they make it this far you've gotta route for 'em? Aren't you even pulling for them just a teeny tiny bit?

I hope they don't blow it AZ Wildcat BB style, you guys. Do a great job, have seemingly wrapped up and then blow it like a Popsicle. You hearing me!?!? ;-)

Unknown said...

Ok, I admit I did pull for them during the game. But that's cos I like Warner and not cos I like the Cardinals. I'm fully confident that they'll blow the Superbowl. They do, after all, suck ;)

Amelia said...

Yes, but if they win, you need to admit that you'd buy a hat or a t-shirt that says they are the SB43 champions. I will. Even if you don't! ;-)